Powered By Blogger

Friday, April 29, 2011

see, i'm, ahem, lucky?

Logging into work at five am has required adjustments. For example, since I've returned to Chicago, it means adjusting to loud/intoxicated people, yelling without abandon, on my nice Lakeview street at 3 am. I'm usually typing and thinking, "Yuck, I'm glad those days are over. But I hope they have fun!"

So yesterday, I had an appointment at at a hospital, literally around the corner from me, at 4 am. With my new Yoga breaths, I went pee and pulled down the lid, per usual. I thought about Mother Earth before I turned off the main light, per usual. I placed the whistle, hung securely from my neck, between my lips (ready position because of darkness)and locked the door behind me.

I returned to my apartment after the appointment, at sunrise, and opened my door. I know. Somebody turned my light on. The whistle went back between my lips - the toilet lid was up. Angrily I yelled, "Where are you, where are you, I. know. you're. here." I searched high and low, including the inside of my stove. I finally settled down.

But wouldn't you, also - be freaked?

No comments: