Powered By Blogger

Thursday, June 9, 2011

We Free Americans Are Lucky (as it relates to Franz Schubert's eyes, top ten.)

As recently as this week, I stumbled upon an 1875 oil painting image of Franz Schubert (German classical musician, 1797-1828. My eyes were glued to the drawing of his eyes. Taking a break from the writing/editing/submitting/researching and not on my work clock, I went by way of the web to see if there was anything documented about, his eyes.

Albeit surprised, I found that I wasn't alone in thinking Franz Schubert's eyes seemed special. A quote by Wilheim Von Chezy reads, "...such sparkle that the inner fire was revealed at the first glance."

I think that the majority of this world's population wouldn't be able to summons that information on a whim, by choice, right away.

I feel so fortunate to be in America, to have some control over choices and the means by which to gain instant satisfaction of having questions answered. Don't you too?

The words I use to describe his music are delightfully crisp, delightfully clean.

Furthermore, he's on my Classical Top Ten list, as of this moment! Yeah! Yeah!

No comments: