Powered By Blogger

Friday, May 20, 2011

Two paragraphs from my growing collection of essays!

“What’s new?” Somebody always asked. This question involved a vague yet honest answer. Therefore, my duty to respond should have been, “What’s new for me? See, after the accident that smashed my left brain stem, I had to re grow and learn, differently from, although, quite similar to a baby’s second chance at a lifetime. So everything’s new!”

I have brain damage. It took awhile to admit. At least I didn’t sink into my physical and mental paralysis. Rather, I worked like an Olympic Gold Medal contender to establish that I was, as capable as your average gal. Albeit, the girls I came across didn’t have a vehicle incident that led to crazily uncoordinated body movements and a nonsensical form of speech. For example, the 50 percent right portion carried the 50 percent left portion, out of 100 percent whole, of my physical body. Needless to say, this development took a couple of decades and resulted in limping, stuttered bodily gestures, and included a type of walk that I intentionally fashioned as dramatic.

No comments: